This is part two of my awards post and it also features one of my favorite awards. I posted part one- on the Mystery Blogger Award, you can read that here . Anyway, I am always excited to be nominated for any award but the Liebster Award is, in my opinion, a great innovation in so many ways. It’s actually the first award I read about, the one which introduced me to the whole blogging award concept! For those of you unfamiliar with it, the Liebster Award is a badge of recognition of sort. Only given to bloggers with less than 3,000 followers, it’s main aim is to bring new and aspiring bloggers up and help them grow. As an aspiring and relatively new blogger myself, I think the Liebster Award is so important. For many of us, it’s the first award we’re nominated for. Personally, it’s not only motivated me to work all the more harder on A Writ Much, but it’s given me that feeling of reassurance that yes, someone out there is reading my words and they think they’re good. Now I know that I’m not just sending my thoughts into a desolate void!
Also, thanks once again Tall Blonde Tales for the nomination. Check her blog out!
“The Liebster Award” is an award for bloggers by bloggers. The award recognizes new blogs with great content. The purpose is bloggers supporting other bloggers. This award gives bloggers a voice and encourages more people to interact with us and follow our journeys!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers (with less than 3,000 followers) and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Liebster Blogger Award on your post and/ or your blog site.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have this process in which I don’t read a new book until at least 24 hours after I’ve finished my last one. I do the same with tv shows. It’s not for any other reason but so that I can bask in the essence of that show/book and just, think about it for the next 24 hours. Maybe you do it too, but everyone around me makes fun of it!
- I am actually a published author. I haven’t published a novel but a short story I’d written was published.
- I can listen to Adele for hours on end.
- I am still trying to find my favorite author because I don’t have one at present. Although I think Khaled Hosseini or Rainbow Rowell are close contenders for the esteemed position.
- I love listening to a good podcast.
- I was and I guess I still am obsessed with the city of Paris.
- Movies which leave me speechless are my favorite kind.
- Pasta comes second to sushi on the list of foods which always make me drool.
- Although I can sketch well, I’m the worst when it comes painting.
- Even if thought-provoking movies are my first choice, I am ever ready to enjoy a good rom-com.
- I have some quotes which I often read for inspiration. They help, I don’t know how and I really recommend doing it.
Tall Blonde Tales’ Questions:
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The best part about blogging is when I see someone’s comment on one of my posts because I love hearing from readers whether it’s feedback or their views on the topic/book.
2. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
I think choosing the right topic every week stands as my biggest challenge. I brainstorm a lot of ideas to come up with the perfect one, which I think my readers would enjoy but I feel strongly about as well.
3. How long does it usually take you to finish a blog post?
I usually have a clear idea of what I want to write before actually sitting down to write it so, it doesn’t take me more than 2 days. Sometimes 3.
4. If you were to name three goals you’d want your blog to achieve in the next year, what would they be?
I want to explore other genres in writing and reading too.
I really hope to reach 100 followers.
I want to develop a rapport with more bloggers.
5. What is the greatest achievement your blog has received? IF you haven’t got any, what would be the achievement you’d want to receive?
So far, winning the awards has been my greatest achievement.
6. What is your best viewed post? Share it with us by providing a link and a short description about it.
My best viewed post is Is History Trying to Tell Us Something?. The post is about how we see certain acts and parts of history repeating themselves which is intriguing to see because it seems like a sign rather than coincidence. It’s something I’ve wondered about for a while and I’m thinking of maybe writing another post to elaborate on it!
7. If you were to give out three pieces of advice to yourself as a blogger, what would they be?
Your passion for writing is why you started a blog and it should always be fun. Don’t ever let it become something you dread doing.
Remain consistent with your blog, be regular with posts and networking.
Some posts won’t do as well as others and that’s okay.
8. Which blog or blogger inspires you the most?
So, this opinion of mine is constantly changing because I come across a lot of different blogs, but I always look forward to reading Myths of The Mirror and Introverted Thoughts! They write some captivating posts and have inspired me on occasion. Do check them out!
9. What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
I think everybody says this but my favorite part is interacting with other bloggers and reading their work. The blogosphere is such a great place and I’ve read and talked to a number of talented and like-minded writers.
10. What are your top blogging tips?
First and most importantly, don’t underestimate networking and make an effort to interact with others on the blogosphere because it is one of the core things which will help along the way. Nothing works overnight so don’t be discouraged when things are a little slow for you towards the beginning because it will pick up and you’ll be growing in no time! Also, I would give the same advice I gave myself because that’s what keeps you going too.
11. What is the most amazing thing you have ever done? (besides starting your blog)
I’ve been scuba diving, that was really cool and also being published, it’s something I hold pride in.
My Questions for Nominees:
- Has COVID-19 and this year in general taught you anything?
- What are 3 things you can’t live without?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- Which of your posts is your favorite?
- What’s a place you want to visit, but have never been?
- If you could pick a decade or a year to live in, which would you pick?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Name a movie that you can watch a million times and never be tired of.
- What is a quote that inspires you?
- What is the most ridiculous fact you know?
Finally, the Nominees:
I’m so glad I got to do my first awards posts, they were truly so much fun to write. Looking forward to reading my nominees’ posts!